A little over a week ago, I was nominated for the “One Lovely Blog Award” by Southern Gal, who hosts the wonderful blog “Life is a Damn Circus”. I am honestly flattered that she thought enough of my blog to highlight it in such a way. I started writing, not as some kind of popularity thing, but as a way to express what was on my mind in a manner that I couldn’t do on the blogs where I participated in conversation. I have found the blogging community to be a very welcoming group as I’ve gained readers and followers without exerting any effort at advertising myself or my blog. I set a goal to increase my readership this year, and whenever I can manage the time, I’m going to put forth the effort in doing so. Until then, I’m just going to continue to offer my view on things I read and hear about all around.
Rules for nomination:
- Nominated blogger must link back to person who nominated them. **Southern Gal @ Life is a Damn Circus**
- List Rules of Nomination
- Upload Award Pic as Featured Image!
- List 7 random but awesome facts about yourself
- Choose an unspecified number of blogs to nominate
7 random but awesome Brosephus facts:
- I’m not the stereotypical “Brother”, as many would think. While I enjoy my old school rap (Public Enemy, KRS-One, X Clan, and others), I also have a lot of Metallica, Judas Priest, Lynyrd Skynyrd, and other groups in heavy rotation in my mp3 player that I can sing and play along with as though I originally performed the song myself.
- I am a huge Alabama Crimson Tide fan although I attended and graduated from Alabama State University in Montgomery, AL Cum Laude with a B.S. in Mathematics. While I was accepted by both Alabama and Auburn, I decided on ASU because I received a full academic scholarship and I was also on my way to becoming a Mighty Marching Hornet until I got sick and let the music go to concentrate on academics.
- I have always been a “nerd” even though many people would never know. I intentionally sandbagged grades in high school to get kicked off the Honor Society by finishing with F’s in a class or two, but I still graduated #7 in my class with a 93+ average on a 100 point scale. My GPA was listed as 4.0 plus with the ASU academic recruiters, which I found out when I received my scholarship.
- I have NOT always been a bald-headed brother. I even had a high top fade back in the day like Kid from the group Kid ‘n Play. There are still photos out there showing me with hair, but I’m not going to help anybody find them.
- I’ve played the drums since age 12. Not only that, I taught myself to play the keyboard/piano around the same age. In my senior year in high school, I picked up the trumpet to expand my knowledge of instruments. I really love music.
- I am the father of two lovely girls with a third child coming this fall. I’ve been married for 14 years to my lovely wife, and we’ve been a couple for almost 20 years since we met at ASU. Not all brothers are the “run from responsibility” kind.
- I am the son of a champion of Civil Rights who was active in the movement at a young age. On that same side of the family, I also have a 2nd cousin, who shall remain nameless, that is a heavyweight in the R&B music scene with worldwide recognition.
Blogs that Brosephus nominated:
These blogs are some that I think are lovely and worth the time spent reading. There’s no particular order or ranking to this list, and I’d bet that there would be more if I were doing this a year or even 6 months from now. There are some who have probably been nominated before. If so, I apologize for the repeat, but these are some of my favorite blogs. If you don’t do the blog award thing, then my apologies up front for adding you to my nomination list.
- HarsH ReaLiTy: Power blogging at its best!! Not to mention that the blog host is quite the opinionated guy.
- Don Charisma: Beautiful photography will set your mind at ease here and erase all your problems, if only for a while.
- Charlottecarrendar: Excellent storytelling for those who like to read.
- Beer & Whiskey Brothers: Beer and Whiskey. Enough said!!
- World Human Rights: This blog will remind you that there are more things to worry about other than Democrat/Republican issues.
- Juju Films: Here, you’ll find photography that shows everyday life in Nigeria and not the glossy touristy shots.
- Hercules And The Umpire: I recently started following this blog, but the author gives you great insight into the US legal system and processes.
- Drowning In Junk Mail: Here, you will find information on how to cut down on the junk mail that fills your mailbox.
- Black. Bunched. Mass. Mom.: Take a look into the views of a Black mother raising children in the New England area. Very insightful family stories.
- An Economic Sense: This is becoming my favorite of all blogs because of the wealth of knowledge in economics. If you’re into economics, this site is well worth the time and effort.
- Slothed: News from all corners and all angles covering some stories the media leaves alone.